Are you feeling overwhelmed by the options on the market for pallet wrapping machines? We have created an easy guide to help you choose the right one for your business. You are likely to already have an idea of what you want your wrapping machine to do, however it is important to think through your production line's details to select the right packaging solution.
When choosing a wrapping machine, answer the following questions:
What are your pallet wrapping goals?
You have various options when it comes to pallet wrapping machines, including; automatic, and semi-automatic. These can all come with technical specifications such as; pre stretch capabilities, wrapping cycle outputs, weights and optional extra add ons. Choosing the best one suited for your business will maximise your return on investment.
We have developed models for a wide range of situations that include:
- Turntable models where the pallet rotates and the wrapping head only moves in the vertical direction
- Rotating arm models where the arm rotates around the stationary pallet which is ideal for unstable or fragile products.
- Orbital machines that feature a special high speed ring to process more than 100 pallets per hour, often needed in food, beverage, logistics and distribution, and
- Models that can accommodate pallets with loads up to 3000mm high
What loads will you be working with?
The size, weight, and variability of the loads you will be wrapping all impact the choice of pallet wrapping machine. High variable loads will need orbital, horizontal wrappers to make sure that they are properly secured to the pallet. Lighter goods will work well with a turntable type wrapper, and heavier loads will require a rotary arm machine. There is no one-size-fits-all solution, so it is important to find the right machine for your business’s specific needs.
What features do you need?
Some products may need specific features. Pallet wrapping machines can come with a variety of customisable options, so it is worth researching your choices. Some of the options for automatic and semi-automatic pallet wrapping machines include:
- Infeed and outfeed Conveyors
- Cardboard corner applicators
- Safety Systems Fencing, muting sensors and light curtains
- Topsheet Dispenser In-cycle or in-line
- Label Applicators and scales, and
- Security films to stop pilferage
What is your budget?
Once you have determined your budget, you can then look for the best option that fits. There are also tangible benefits of stretch wrapping machines, such as; greater safety, and fewer injuries, as well as improved production flow, and consistent professional packaging. When you factor all these in, you will see a great return on investing in the right pallet wrapping machine for your business.
At FROMM Packaging we have a both of semi-automatic and automatic pallet wrapping machines for sale. We can help you choose which machine is best suited for your needs. To learn more about our pallet wrapping machine range click here or call 1300 799 391.